[Open-education] You're invited to OEPS Advisory Forum (13 Oct 2014)

Opening Educational Practices in Scotland Project invite at eventbrite.com
Thu Sep 25 08:01:54 UTC 2014

The OEPS Project Advisory Forum aims to create a dialogue between the OEPS project and key stakeholders in Scotland (and beyond).  We will use this first Forum event to publicly ‘launch’ the project - although a significant amount of work has already been undertaken over the past few months and we look forward to sharing this with you too. The programme for the day is now available and you can register via Eventbrite for the various sessions.

10:00 - 10:15

Welcome
Dr James Miller, Director OU in Scotland

10:15 – 10:30

Formal project launch

10:30 – 11:15

So what is OEPS all about and what is the project going to achieve?
Panel: The OEPS Project Team

11:15 – 11:30

Refreshments

11:30 – 12:15

The Battle for Open
Professor Martin Weller Institute of Educational Technology, The Open University & ICDE Chair in OER

12:15 – 12:30

Plenary

12:30 – 13:00

Lunch

13:00 – 13:45

Workshops*

1.     Open educational practices in the workplace

2.     The OEPS online hub

3.     Open educational practices in a widening participation context

4.     The realities of badging

5.     Informal learning for professional development

13:45 – 14:30

Workshops repeated*

14:30 – 15:30

Over to you: a highly interactive session to gather your thoughts and seek your advice

15:30

Close

* You can choose a total of 2 workshops – one in each session

Share this event on Facebook and Twitter
The hashtag for this event is #OEPS-advisory14 We hope you can make it!Best wishes,Opening Educational Practices in Scotland Project

For more information, contact:Kate Signorini, Interim OEPS Project Manager http://oepscotland.org/Tel: 0131 549 7162 (internal ext: 71162)Email: oepscotland at gmail.com and OEPScotland at open.ac.ukFollow us on twitter @OEPScotland

------------------------------
Event Summary:
------------------------------

Event: OEPS Advisory Forum and Project launch
The OEPS Project Advisory Forum aims to create a dialogue between the OEPS project and key stakeholders in Scotland (and beyond).  We will use this first Forum event to publicly ‘launch’ the project - although a significant amount of work has already been undertaken over the past few months and we look forward to sharing this with you too.
The programme for the day is now available and you can register via Eventbrite for the various sessions.
 The hashtag for this event is #OEPS-advisory14

------------------------------
Hosted By:
Opening Educational Practices in Scotland Project
The Opening Educational Practices in Scotland (OEPS) project has been funded by the Scottish Funding Council for three years to facilitate best practice in Scottish open education. It aims to enhance Scotland’s reputation and capacity for developing publicly available and licensed online materials, supported by high quality pedagogy and learning technology. You can find more information on our project website: http://oepscotland.org

Register Online:

More information and online registration are available here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oeps-advisory-forum-and-project-launch-registration-13152572699?ref=enivtefor001&invite=Njc2NzU0OS9vcGVuLWVkdWNhdGlvbkBsaXN0cy5va2ZuLm9yZy8w

Collect event fees online with Eventbrite
http://www.eventbrite.com