[Open-education] Openwords - Mobile Language learning with open data

Marc Bogonovich marc.bogonovich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 23:06:02 UTC 2015

Hello OER people! You may find our group interesting. Please support us if
you can!

Openwords is a foreign language learning mobile app with open data.
Openwords is completely committed to being free and open source &
completely committed to learner data privacy.

We have mined content for >1000 languages Yes! Because we have open data,
we can mine large existing open computing databases (e.g. Wiktionary) and
repurpose that data for language learning. We have 中文, Abenaki, English....

And we are currently running a campaign to fund this education respecting
social enterprise. We also aim to work with researchers to provide an open
science platform! Please check out our detailed description at our
Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/279739136/openwords-foreign-language-learning-app-with-open

And check out our rewards for donations!
Thank you,
Marc