[Open-education] OER15: Mainstreaming OER

Lorna Campbell lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com
Tue Apr 21 08:51:18 UTC 2015

Hi Marieke,

Thanks!  This is a really great summary of #OER15.  You’ve really managed to capture the spirit of the conference and you’ve also covered several sessions I really wanted to get to but missed due to timetabling clashes so thank you for that!

I hope we can look forward to seeing you and other group members at OER16 which is taking place in Edinburgh in April next year and being chaired by Melissa Highton and I.  The title of the conference is “Open Culture and the themes include

	• the strategic advantage of open and creating a culture of openness;
	• the converging and competing cultures of open knowledge, open source, open content, open practice, open data and 		open access
	• hacking, making and sharing;
	• the reputational challenges of openwashing;
	• openness and public engagement
	• and innovative approaches to opening up cultural heritage collections for education.

So hopefully there’s lots of topics of interest to the wider Open Knowledge community. We have a holding page for the conference here https://oer16.oerconf.org/ <https://oer16.oerconf.org/> so watch this space!

All the best
Lorna

> On 20 Apr 2015, at 11:56, Marieke Guy <marieke.guy at okfn.org> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Last week was the OER15 Conference with the theme of 'mainstreaming Open Education'. There were lots of great sessions and some very interesting insights.
>
> I've shared my thoughts here:
> http://education.okfn.org/oer15-window-boxes-battles-and-bandwagons/ <http://education.okfn.org/oer15-window-boxes-battles-and-bandwagons/>
>
> If you'd like a quick visual representation then I can really recommend Kevin Mears' Sketch notes:
> http://www.mearso.co.uk/sketchnotes/oer15/ <http://www.mearso.co.uk/sketchnotes/oer15/>
>
> The Open Education Working Group exhibited a poster about the Open Education Handbook:
> http://education.okfn.org/open-education-handbook-poster-at-oer15/ <http://education.okfn.org/open-education-handbook-poster-at-oer15/>
>
> It was a great opportunity for some of the working group members to meet up - great chatting to you all.
>
> Marieke
>
> --
> Marieke Guy
> Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 | @mariekeguy <http://twitter.com/mariekeguy>