[Open-education] History of Distance Education

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Wed Apr 29 07:45:40 UTC 2015

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing the time line with us. It looks great!

Just a reminder to the list that we have an Open Education timeline that
people can add to. It's looking a little unloved at the moment so could
do with some revisiting.
http://education.okfn.org/timeline/

Marieke

On 24/04/2015 08:37, Madison - BSBM wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> My name is Richard Madison and I am the Marketing Executive of the
> Brighton School of Business & Management.
>
> It often comes as a surprise that distance learning is not a modern
> phenomenon, in fact, the earliest instances of distance learning date
> back as far as 1728! To celebrate the distance learning we have
> produced this interactive timeline http://goo.gl/Q7407c charting the
> history of this educational movement.
>
> I thought you might wish to publish it for your readers. If you do
> decide to publish either, all I ask is that you link to our website
> using this url  [
> http://www.brightonsbm.com/hnd-hnc-hospitality-management/hnd-diploma-hospitality.php
> .]. Attached is the embed code for publishing the timeline on your site.
>
> If you have any feedback, do let me know.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Richard

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |
@mariekeguy <http://twitter.com/mariekeguy>
Open Education Working Group <http://education.okfn.org/>
Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/okfn>|
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog