[Open-education] OER15 registration - and final reminder of early bird rate!

Lis Parcell Lis.Parcell at jisc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 11:46:32 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder that registration is now open for OER15, the international conference on Open Educational Resources. The 'early bird' rate is available up to February 16th. Our venue is the impressive Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, Cardiff on 14-15 April 2015. Please register with us here: http://oer15.oerconf.org/.

The Open Education Conference is an international conference currently organised by a volunteer committee from the Open Education community and hosted by OER Wales Cymru, Universities Wales and the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). Wherever you are the world, and whatever your role e.g. staff, students or volunteers in schools, FE, HE, ACL, WBL or the third sector, we warmly invite all of you to learn more about open education around the world and share your open experiences and practices with us at OER15.

We have aimed to make our charges for this event reasonable in order to be as inclusive as possible. However if cost is a genuine barrier we have a small amount of funding that we can use to help subsidise registration: http://oer15.oerconf.org/registration/

The draft programme is available here: http://oer15.oerconf.org/conference-programme/. Amongst a wide range of contributors from the UK and beyond, we are delighted to confirm four distinguished keynote speakers:

Cable Green, Director of Global Learning at Creative Commons

Josie Fraser, ICT Strategy Lead (Children's Capital) at Leicester City Council

Sheila MacNeill, Senior Lecturer at Glasgow Caledonian University

Martin Weller, Professor of Educational Technology at Open University and Educational Consultant

We look forward to seeing you in Cardiff.

For all enquiries relating to the conference, including bookings, please email enquiries at alt.ac.uk<mailto:enquiries at alt.ac.uk>.

Kind regards,

Lis Parcell

On behalf of the OER15 Committee

[image_oer15.png]

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/YdsEak6PqNlFw47D5p6rFE40dQeNaDh2PkUXWa-XeH6Vg8LDzLMVaUNp4s7EeHNCYBUO-E-5uRD5c2CQfiTtJz4WiSNnDMt4abAVNlh5vo3IWBN55gVv6Hjard0S8KavC2o]

Jisc Collections and Janet Ltd. is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. number 2881024, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. T 01235 822200.