[Open-education] OER in Civic Education / Citizenship Competencies

Atenas, Javiera j.atenas at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 13:34:29 UTC 2015

Hi Werner,

Please see below some links from OER - OEPs projects that include citizenship as part of their context.

http://osier.ac.uk/information.html

https://www.oercommons.org/groups/media-literacy-education-and-youth-media/62/193/

https://www.oercommons.org/global-citizenship

http://www.oerafrica.org/keywords/civic-education?

Also, please see below some papers that have already discussed the subject and that might be interesting for you.

An article by Piedra et al. from Loja, Ecuador where they analyse citizenship in the open education context

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1551756

Ferguson & Sum https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=AqojU2a4naMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA309&dq=%22open+educational+resources%22%2B+%22citizenship%22&ots=gNhMRVhihn&sig=XjsE8GL0poLqKAgxxfNGnVOVFk0#v=onepage&q=citizen&f=false

Kanwar et al. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08923641003696588

Simoes & Borges http://upcommons.upc.edu/handle/2099/5736

Peters & Britez https://www.sensepublishers.com/media/729-open-education-and-education-for-openness.pdf

Bozalek & Carolissen http://reference.sabinet.co.za/sa_epublication_article/persed_v30_n4_a3

If you want to discuss more, happy to talk to you via Skype - hangouts as I'm currently collaborating in few OER - OEP projects across Latin America and Europe

Best wishes

Javiera

Dr. Javiera Atenas
HEA Fellow
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering and Public Policy (UCL STEaPP)
36-38 Fitzroy Square (2nd Floor)
London
W1T 6EY