[Open-education] Free webinar on 'Open Guilds' - Thu 2nd July

Terry Loane terryloane at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 18:48:33 UTC 2015

The next free webinar promoted by the ALT Open Education Special
Interest Group will take place on *Thursday 2 July* *at 13.00*. The
subject is:

*'Open Guilds' – what can they do for me?*

/The proliferation of free learning resources on the web and the
increasing strength of the Open Education movement provide opportunities
and challenges for both educators and the institutions that employ them.
We need to find ways to embrace the potential of collaboration while
respecting the rights of collaborators and co-creators.//
////
//Join this webinar to explore the idea of 'Open Guilds'. These are
networks of teachers/lecturers committed to creating and sharing open
educational resources. An Open Guild in your curriculum area could
provide a straightforward and mutually beneficial way of building up
easily accessible collections of useful learning resources, and there
could also be gains in terms of professional development and capacity
building./

/Presented by Terry Loane and Teresa MacKinnon/

Access instructions should be available later this week at
https://www.alt.ac.uk/get-involved/special-interest-groups/oer-sig

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by cross-posting.

Terry Loane
Secretary, ALT Open Education SIG