[Open-education] Open data as OER - Webinar/ working group call today

Thomas Salmon tomsalmon at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 13:14:54 UTC 2015

Hi Marieke,
Thanks for the invite to the 7th call - it was really interesting and helpful. I was there listening. I think that it was useful to hear that some of the problems that I described in the email to you last week (that we are having here) are also being tackled elsewhere. I heard that people are considering writing up case studies.
Knowing a bit of the case of what is going on at my institution I wondered if we could even help out by documenting the process we are going through now that we are dealing with it slowly, in terms of developing an understanding of the constraints of our particular situation. For example I would be happy to varry out some interviews with the research data management team / librarians to better understand their difficulties and thinking.
So please do feel free to forward this on to Chiara or whoever might find it useful - If anyone is interested in writing up case studies I can then give them details of the situation here and would be happy to help write up a case study for Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
It was something that I was going to write up anyway - I'd be interested in working out a way to collaborate with people on this over the year.
Look forward to speaking on Tuesday 9th at 3pm your time?
Thomas Salmon--
Post-Graduate (M.Ed) candidate
Cape Peninsula University of Technology | www.cput.ac.za/citeTel: +27 (0) 21 680 1683Mob: +27 607672285Linkedin       |     Blog