[Open-education] Your invitation to the Opening Educational Practices Scotland Forum 5 November 2015

OEP Scotland oepscotland at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:26:12 UTC 2015

As part of our mission to facilitate best practice in Scottish open
education, we are delighted to announce *the 3rd Opening Educational
Practices Scotland Forum on Thursday 5th November 2015, at 200 St Vincent
Street, Glasgow G2 5RQ. *

*The purpose of the Forum is to:*

   - explore the latest developments in open educational practice and
   pedagogy
   - provide insight into practical ways to get started, deepen or enhance
   your understanding of OEP
   - share the project’s progress, plans and findings
   - explore how OEPS can help you and your organisation – and how to get
   involved in the project
   - enable participants to build their own network of open educational
   practitioners

* We do this by:*

   - Bringing together leading practitioners
   - Providing workshops on leading edge topics as well as introductory
   sessions for those new to OEP
   - Encouraging groups from organisations to come to the forum to learn
   together
   - Building time into the programme for participants to network
   - Facilitating sessions where the project can learn from participants’
   knowledge and experience

The theme of our 3rd forum will be *Opening Educational Practice and
Widening Participation*. The online registration will be available
soon, however please put the date 5th November in your diary for now

Please also see below the agenda:

   - 9:30 - 10:00 Refreshment, Networking and Poster
   - 10:00 – 12:30 OEPS Team Update, Keynote and interactive World Cafe
   - 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch, Networking and Poster
   - 13:30 – 16:00 Workshops and Closing Plenary

*Call for posters!*
We are looking for posters that explore good practice in widening
participation through open education. The deadline for submitting a poster
abstract is *16th September 2015*. All the posters will be on display in
the Networking and Poster area for the whole day so there will be a lot of
opportunities to share your work.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you on 5th November 2015.

For more information, please contact:
Maggie Nguyen
OEPS Project Assistant
Email: oepscotland at gmail.com