[Open-education] New Videos: Open Education Policy and Practice

Cable Green cable at creativecommons.org
Tue Apr 5 23:09:54 UTC 2016

Greetings Open Education Friends:

Mark Jenkins and Boyoung Chae at Open Washington <http://www.openwa.org/>
asked me to share this new video series on open education policy:
http://www.openwa.org/about-policy-video

I have watched them all – and I highly recommend you take the time to watch
them too.  They are fabulous!

The videos / discussions address:

   - What is OER policy?
   - What do OER policies look like in practice?
   - How do open policies impact OER projects?
   - How do governments understand OER policy?
   - Is policy always necessary in successful OER initiatives?

The videos are six multimedia “courselets” -- video and associated
resources that together comprise a primer on open education policy and
practice, including an introduction to OER policy, case studies, and a
reflection on the national and global context of OER policy.

The participants include national and international OER advocates Hal
Plotkin, Paul Stacey, Nicole Allen, Mary Burgess, Richard Sebastian, Daniel
DeMarte, and Mark Jenkins.

The target audience is primarily mid-level college leaders --
administrators who have an ‘open’ project or funding source dropped in
their lap and need to acquire some usable context quickly, and who may be
charged with implementing an open education policy at their institution.

Kudos to the entire team who created this well-produced, CC BY licensed
video series!

Warm regards,

Cable

*PS - apologies for any cross-posting / duplicate posts*

--

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Open Education

*Get Creative Commons Updates http://bit.ly/commonsnews