[Open-education] Book Announcement: Learning in Virtual Worlds - Free Download

William Mckee will at artcontrol.me
Sat Apr 16 10:57:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Jacinda Ramsey
<ramseyj at pryorlibrary.org> wrote:
> I'm really new at this but I thought CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 was open?

ND is not open. Teachers can't use the resource as they may need to
change it/build upon to fit their teaching material . Of course the
most open licence is CCBY/CCBYSA but the others are also ok for open.
It can be quite popular to duel licence under CC BY-NC-ND and CC
BY-NC-SA (I believe Cory Doctorow does this with his books).
Making a txt/epub version of the book free alongside the PDF would also be nice.

Cheers,

William.