[Open-education] OER: P2PU seeking collaborators re Learning Circles for OER

Paul Bacsich pbacsich at runbox.com
Tue Feb 23 11:11:27 UTC 2016

This seems worthy of wider circulation.

Paul

Paul Bacsich
Coordinator, Open Education Working Group - http://education.okfn.org/blog/
Senior Consultant, SeroHE - http://www.serohe.co.uk

From: Browne, Delia
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:25 AM
To: OPENNESS at listserv.educause.edu ; OER Advocacy Coalition ; OER-DISCUSS at JISCMAIL.AC.UK ; OER Forum ; mailto:open-education at lists.okfn.org ; OPENEDSIG at JISCMAIL.AC.UK ; International OER Advocacy
Subject: [OER] OER: P2PU seeking collaborators re Learning Circles for OER

Hi all

I am writing this email with my P2PU hat on. Some of you may be aware that I am one of the co founder and a board director of P2PU.

I wanted to make sure the OER  community saw that P2PU just launched Learning Circles: in-person study groups for learners who want to meet and take online courses together. Starting last year with 11 branches of Chicago Public Library, Learning Circles are currently engaging first-time online learners with OER from Saylor, MIT OCW, and elsewhere around the web. Retention rates far higher than online learning itself, and the project is expanding beyond Chicago this year.

The OER community may wish to consider  Learning Circles as a possible vehicle for effective OER and learning opportunities​. I know that the team at P2PU is eager to partner with OER content producers to design materials that suit the needs of the populations that they are working with.

By way of example, have a look at http://www.exploerercourse.org​

in English, Polish and Swedish -  a collaboration between  CC Poland/Centrum Cyfrowe and P2PU

You can reach out directly to team at p2pu.org or ask me if you have any follow on questions.

Thanks,

Delia Browne
​