[Open-education] Repository Fringe - call for OER posters and 24/7 sessions

CAMPBELL Lorna lorna.m.campbell at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 09:40:05 UTC 2016

Dear all,

*Apologies for cross-posting*

I’m forwarding this on behalf of the Repository Fringe<http://rfringe16.blogs.edina.ac.uk/> organising committee.  One of the strands of this years conference is Open Educational Resources and there are still some slots available for posters and 24/7 sessions. See below for further details.

We’re also delighted to announce that RepoFringe will feature an OER keynote from Dr Martin Poulter, titled “Your OERs will outlast you: Open Education in the long term.”  Edinburgh is a great place to visit in August so hope to see some of you there!

All the best,
Lorna

We are delighted to announce that, thanks to the generous support of Jisc, we will be holding a poster session at this year’s Repository Fringe event in Edinburgh (1st and 2nd of August).

If you would like to submit a poster, please email your proposed title and an abstract of up to 200 words to explain the aim of your poster to repofringe at gmail.com<mailto:repofringe at gmail.com> and how it relates either to one of this year’s conference themes, or to repository management in some other way. The conference themes are:

-          Open Educational Resources
-          The Nuts and Bolts of Open
-          Making a Difference with Data

Posters should be of A1 size.

We are also still seeking 24x7 presentations (‘lightning talks’) for the ‘Open Educational Resources’ theme and are really interested to hear what you have been working on – full details are available online. http://rfringe16.blogs.edina.ac.uk/

The programme is available now and registration is open.

Many thanks to all colleagues who have already sent us contributions. We are looking forward to a very exciting and stimulating RepoFringe 2016!

—
Lorna M. Campbell
OER Liaison - Open Scotland, LTW
University of Edinburgh
Mail: lorna.m.campbell at ed.ac.uk<mailto:lorna.m.campbell at ed.ac.uk> / lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com<mailto:lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com>
Twitter: @lornamcampbell
Blog: https://lornamcampbell.wordpress.com/
Skype: lorna120768

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.