[Open-education] Call for Support: Copyright Reform for Education in Europe

Cable Green cable at creativecommons.org
Thu Jan 19 14:47:40 UTC 2017

Greetings Open Education Friends:

*Target Audience*: European and International Organizations / Institutions.

I am forwarding this note and request from our open education colleague,
Lisette Kalshoven at Kennisland.

=================

COMMUNIA has worked together with organisations from the educational field
on a joint letter regarding Copyright Reform for Education in Europe. We
plan to send it to Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) in the first
week of February. We want to inform the MEPs about our worries surrounding
the draft directive on copyright in the Digital Single Market, and share
how they can better support education by adapting the text in line with our
recommendations.

The letter can be found in the attachment.

We ask for your support to this letter, so we can make a bold statement to
the MEPs. We are aiming for educational institutions that (also) operate in
Europe, and other international advocates of quality education in Europe.

Please let us know if you will sign the letter as soon as possible.
The *deadline
is noon on Wednesday, 1 February.* If you decide to support, please send us
the logo of your organisation that we can add it to the letter.

To make impact we need to gather wide support, so if you know somebody or
an organisation that may be interested in signing the letter, please share
the information on the letter with them and/or send their contact details
to Olga or Judith (in cc).

In short;
• Confirm whether you can sign
• Send us the logo of your organisation
• Share the letter with your network

Best regards,

Lisette Kalshoven
lk at kl.nl

--
Kennisland | www.kl.nl | t +31205756720 <+31%2020%20575%206720> | m
+31613943237 <+31%206%2013943237> | @lnkalshoven | skype: lisette.kalshoven

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Open Education
Creative Commons
@cgreen <http://twitter.com/cgreen>
*retain, reuse, revise, remix, redistribute*

*Get Creative Commons Updates http://bit.ly/commonsnews
<http://bit.ly/commonsnews>*