[Open-education] Multiply K-12 OER - CIDER Session

Verena Roberts verenanz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 18:31:22 UTC 2017

*​I apologize for any cross-posting.*

I am inviting you all to this webinar as I am so excited about the focus on
open pedagogy and OER in K-12 Learning Environments.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Verena Roberts​

Verena Roberts

Educational Consultant

BEd, MALT, MET, EdD (in progress)

Twitter: @verenanz

We invite you to our upcoming CIDER session on March 29, 2017. This free,
online session will feature Connie Blomgren of Athabasca University, Verena
Roberts of Rocky View, and additional project contributors, in the launch
of a new series of podcasts and videos on open educational resources in
K-12 education.

*Title: **Multiply K-12 OER*

For various reasons including costs, it is expected that the use of Open
Educational Resources (OER) within K-12 is likely to take hold rapidly.
Educating in-service teachers through the *Multiply K-12 OER* podcasts and
video series thereby addresses an identified need of higher educational
institutions and of the teaching profession.

The thirteen podcasts and three videos from the *Multiply K-12 OER* project
include interviews with *TJ Bliss, Michael Canuel, Beatriz de los Arcos,
Bill Fitzgerald, Bronwyn Hegarty, Royce Kimmons, Randy LaBonte, Rory
McGreal, David Porter, James Swanson,* and *Sarah Weston*.

This session will be the official launch of these podcasts and videos,
providing an opportunity to hear the design team describe their process in
creating these media and discuss key aspects of the project such as
accessibility and Universal Design. It is anticipated that a number of
project contributors will be in attendance.

*When: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11am to 12noon Mountain Time (Canada)*

*Where: Online through Adobe Connect at:*

https://athabascau.adobeconnect.com/cider

Registration is not required; all are welcome. For more information on
CIDER and our Sessions, please visit our website:

http://cider.athabascau.ca

Pre-configuration:

Please note that it is important to set up your system prior to the event.
Make sure your Mac or PC is equipped with a microphone and speakers, so
that you can use the audio functionality built into the conferencing
software. The Adobe Connect platform may require an update to your Flash
Player; allow time for this update by joining the session 10 minutes prior
to the scheduled presentation.

CIDER sessions are brought to you by the International Review of Research
in Open and Distributed Learning (IRRODL) and the Centre for Distance
Education, Athabasca University: Canada's Open University and leader in
professional online education. The Sessions and their recordings are open
and available to all, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution

4.0 International License.