[Open-education] Education track at Wikimania: Call for Submissions

Shani Evenstein shani.even at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:04:28 UTC 2019

Dear Open Education enthusiasts,

Just a quick note that submissions for the "Education Space" at Wikimania
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Education>, the Wikimedia
Movement's annual conference, are *open till June 9th,* so only 3 more days
to submit!

Wikimania this year will take place in Stockholm, *Sweden, between 14-18
August, 2019*. This year's theme is UNESCO's SDGs
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Submissions>, and we are looking
forward to explore how we can all work together to make knowledge more
accessible, reliable and equiable.

While Wikimania has various "Spaces" (tracks) this year which might apply
to people from this community, I'd like to personally encourage you to
submit proposal for the Education Space, that I will be curating as part of
the Wikipedia & Education User Group, and in collaboration with Educators
from around the world.

Please submit inspiring Open Education stories, initiatives and projects
that either directly relate to Wikipedia & its sister project, or has the
potential for future collaboration. As the Wikimedia Movement is going
through its own strategic process for 2030, we will give some more weight
this year for submissions from potential partners.

Looking forward to seeing you in Stockholm and of course, if you have any
questions, I'm here.

Best,
Shani Evenstein
Education Space Leader, Wikimania 2019
Chair, Wikipedia & Education User Group.

*Shani Evenstein Sigalov*
* Lecturer, Tel Aviv University.
* EdTech Innovation Strategist, NY/American Medical Program, Sackler School
of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
* PhD Candidate, School of Education, Tel Aviv University.
* OER & Emerging Technologies Coordinator, UNESCO Chair
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495> on Technology, Internationalization
and Education, School of Education, Tel Aviv University
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495>.
* Chairperson, WikiProject Medicine Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med>.
* Chairperson, Wikipedia & Education User Group
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_%26_Education_User_Group>.
* Chairperson, The Hebrew Literature Digitization Society
<http://www.israelgives.org/amuta/580428621>.
* Chief Editor, Project Ben-Yehuda <http://bybe.benyehuda.org>.
+972-525640648