[open-energy] Draft 'about' text

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Feb 2 22:59:06 GMT 2011

Amazing! Thanks for all your suggestions John.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM,  <John.Allen at ec.europa.eu> wrote:
> For the paragraph about the source of the data, some suggestions:
>
> 1) heading to read "Where are the data from" (ie not "where is" - "data" is
> a plural)

I understand there's a whole flourishing debate about this [1]. So as
not to pick sides, I've changed this to "What are the data sources for
this?". ;-)

[1] See e.g. http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jul/16/data-plural-singular

> 2) for the first sentence:
> "The Europe's Energy project is mainly based on data from Eurostat, the
> statistical office of the European Union, which provides official statistics
> on European Union Member States." (could write "EU" for European Union)

Done.

> and
>
> 3) througout: write "Member States" with capital M, capital S.

Done.

> 4) in credits mention also Pekka Loesoenen for Eurostat and, if possible,
> write "Eurostat, European Commission" (we are a Commission DG, like INFSO).

My apologies! Pekka was in there, but must have been inadvertently
been put into clipboard and not pasted in when I was reshuffling the
list. I was deciding whether or not to group people by affiliation
before deciding that alphabetical was easiest.

Now fixed.

All the best,

Jonathan