[open-geodata] London Wikimedia Academy for Acedmics on the 13th!

Alex Stinson stinsoad at dukes.jmu.edu
Thu Apr 7 22:01:32 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I am emailing you to invite you to the London Wikipedia Academy is a
mini-conference aimed at starting a conversation between academics and
Wikipedians in London, moving from ethereal opinions to organised, evidence
based, informed discussions. There will be a number of exciting speakers all
engaging in a vital conversation for modern higher education.

 Students, librarians and academics from across London have been invited by
the first official student Wikipedia society in the UK, Wikipedians at
Imperial College, to meet at their South Kensington campus April 13th
545-8pm.

This  promises to allow those pro and anti Wikipedia to discuss the key
issues around its inevitable use by staff and academics, on every topic that
is taught at higher education institutions in the capital.

 Please register your interest by adding your name or emailing the address
at the bottom of this webpage:

http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/London_Wikipedia_Academy

If the above details could be forwarded to relevant mailing lists, or if you
would allow and direct us towards the relevant mailing lists, we would be
most grateful.

We hope to see you there!

Vinesh Patel

Year 5 Medicine

President, Wikipedians at Imperial College

Sent by Alex Stinson on behalf of Vinesh