[open-geodata] Fwd: Free GECO / DevCSI Open Mapping Event, Glasgow, 25 August, 2011

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Jul 23 09:30:44 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Colleagues

Interested in Open Data? Tired of Google Maps? Then our workshop on
Open Mapping is for you! During the day we'll introduce you to
map-making with free software and open data.

Featuring:
- Editing and re-using OpenStreetmap
- Getting started with the PostGIS geographic database
- Interactive maps on the web with OpenLayers
- Map styling tools

As a sample dataset we'll be working with some data on common good
land in Glasgow and Edinburgh. But you're encouraged to bring along
your own data, problems and plans.

A free lunch and refreshments will be provided.

The event is being organised by DevCSI and Edina (Geospatial
Engagement Community and Outreach - GECO)

Registration from 9am, start at 10am, finishes at 5pm.

For more information please see:

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/events/devcsi/open-mapping-workshop/
 Mr Mahendra Mahey

 Project Manager DevCSI and CERIFy Projects
 Research Officer
 UKOLN,
 University of Bath,
 Bath,