[open-heritage] [open-archaeology] digitising cultural heritage at the BM

Leif Isaksen leifuss at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 18 11:01:44 UTC 2010

Hi Stefano

Yep - I was there and it was a pretty interesting set of talks, in
large part due to a heavy emphasis (and call) for openness. The
cuneiform community in particular seems to be of a small enough size
that enough people have been able to collect a large enough open
dataset (50%+ of known tablets?) that the rest will (hopefully) be
encouraged to follow suit. If only classical archaeology was as
progressive!

Unfortunately I don't have time to blog about it just now (despite
wanting to) but AFAIK they're going to put the talks online. I've
asked my contact at the BM to let me know when it happens and when I
hear back I'll repost the URL to this list.

Best

L.