[open-heritage] PSI directive & GLAM

Primavera De Filippi pdefilippi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:59:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,
after the workshop last wednesday, we started to work on identifying the
issues of the proposed PSI directive as regards GLAM institutions.
Find attached the schematic representation of our preliminary analysis
based on the danish compromise version (attached). We would love to hear
comments or feedback about how to improve it.

We have set up a little task-force of people interested in drafting a
document (rather short) describing the identified problems, we would like
to know if anyone is willing to join us.
The goal would be that Communia would then take action into influencing the
amendment process for the directive.

Also, if you are in contact with local MEPs or national negotiating teams
in the Council, please let us know if you would be able to help circulate
the document.

We also need to know the deadlines to send comments - Erik and Amelia have
been really helpful at providing information concerning the process, but we
need the exact timelines to coordinate our actions.

Useful links:
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/psi/actions_eu/policy_actions/index_en.htm
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2009_2014/documents/cult/ad/912/912049/912049en.pdf
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2009_2014/documents/juri/pa/909/909674/909674en.pdf