[open-heritage] Check this tumblr out! Re: Blog roll of case studies

Sarah Stierch sstierch at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 25 16:00:16 UTC 2012

Hi there -

Glad you like it. If anyone is interested in having direct access, just
let me know and I will invite you.

Sam, I noticed you submitted a link to http://theatricalia.com/ That
isn't necessarily a case study - is there a case study documenting
Theatricalia?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I though this blog roll was supposed to focus
strictly on case studies (since we need more, and they aren't organized
anywhere) versus just general links to projects and tools. If this is
the case, I'll have to rename and modify the blog.

Thoughts?

-Sarah

On 9/25/12 8:41 AM, Sam Leon wrote:
> [...]
>   * Initiatives aimed at opening up more cultural data and content
>
> Cheers,
> Sam
>
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Sarah Stierch
> <sarah.stierch at gmail.com <mailto:sarah.stierch at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi -
>
>     I decided to *be bold* and create a tumblr. My problem with
>     delicious is that it's not used by a lot of people (me included),
>     it's not that aesthetically attractive, and you can't organize it
>     on the public RSS feed with keywords like you can tumblr (and I
>     could be wrong about that).
>
>     Check this out:
>
>     http://openglamcasestudy.tumblr.com/
>
>     I can change the URL name of course. I also created it so that
>     people can submit their case studies, then, it's submitted for
>     approval by the moderator (which at this time is me, which is fine
>     with me at this time).
>
>     thoughts?
>
>     Sarah
>

>     On 9/25/12 1:56 AM, Sam Leon wrote:
>>     Hi Sarah,
>>
>>     I would actually opt for using Delicious.
>>
>>     Essentially, we want a very lightweight environment for sharing
>>     interesting case studies. While Word Press is excellent and open
>>     source, I think it may be a bit too bulky for this exercise as
>>     it's built for users who want to create lengthier articles and pages.
>>
>>     Tumblr is also a good option, even if it's not open source.
>>     However, I'm not sure if you can invite collaborators on a bog,
>>     which is essential for this..?
>>
>>     Does anyone else have any preferences?
>>
>>     Cheers,
>>     Sam
>>
>>     On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Sarah Stierch
>>     <sarah.stierch at gmail.com <mailto:sarah.stierch at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi everyone,
>>
>>         One of the ideas that we talked about on day one of Open GLAM
>>         was developing a blog roll of sorts that features case
>>         studies regarding Open GLAM/culture. We tossed around the
>>         idea of Tumblr, but, Tumblr isn't open source. While I use it
>>         for my own website right now, it's mainly because I haven't
>>         had the time to sit down and teach myself WordPress, which is
>>         open source.
>>
>>         So a few questions:
>>
>>         1) Would we want to proceed with this in the immediate near
>>         future or should we wait to further develop content for it?
>>         One of our biggest problems was that while some documentation
>>         exists, it is either not public (i.e. sitting on one's
>>         laptop, or institutional only) or not professional grade
>>         documentation. Therefore, we might need a case study sprint,
>>         first.
>>
>>         2) Would we want do a Tumblr or a WordPress?
>>             -If we chose to do WordPress, I would not be able to take
>>         any lead role on creating the page at this time
>>             -Tumblr is pretty easy to use and most of us could
>>         contribute with ease.
>>
>>         3) If we do chose to do this, what will we call it (address

*Sarah Stierch*
*/Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow/*
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/><<