[open-heritage] [MCN-L] One week left for Proposals for Museums and the Web 2013

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:44:47 UTC 2012

Response in line:

On 9/26/12 7:41 AM, Maarten Brinkerink wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Op 23 sep. 2012, om 22:51 heeft Sarah Stierch <sarah.stierch at gmail.com
> <mailto:sarah.stierch at gmail.com>> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> The CfP for Museums and the Web closes in one week. It'd be a great
>> idea to submit something about Open GLAM for this - even an Open GLAM
>> panel or workshop day. This is a major conference in the industry
>> internationally. Is there anyone interested?
>
> FYI: With Open Cultuur Data we'll submit a paper proposal about the
> Lessons Learned with our bottom-up approach, also including to
> statistics of reuse (as a prelude to defining metrics on a larger scale).

Great! Good idea.

>> I'm happy to lend a hand at submitting something, I just don't intend
>> on independently submitting - I'd be more prone to participating in a
>> group or facilitating a session. A few ideas:
>>
>> *A workshop about Open GLAM  (Similar to what took place at OKF)
>
> I would be interested in this! We could also take into account the
> lessons Joris, Sam, Sanna and myself learned from organizing the
> expert meeting at Sitra. We'll discuss these next week.

All submissions are due Friday. I've already started the conversation
with Joris and Sam offlist. I'll bring you into the conersation.

>> *A panel discussion about Open GLAM - it could be something related
>> to the milk maid, the work of Open GLAM institutions in Europe, etc.
>
> Not sure what to expect from this.

It'd basically be a bunch of folks involved getting together and having
some moderated high brow discussion about open sharing blahblahblah. :)
Just throwing out ideas.

Sarah

--
*Sarah Stierch*