[open-heritage] Building the Cultural Commons Meeting Notes & Actions

Sarah Stierch sstierch at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 27 14:39:10 UTC 2012

Awesome notes Sam.

I'm in the process of moving the pirate pad content to the OKFN wiki, I
feel comfortable brainstorming there more than the pirate pad right now
and wiki is more stable.

Also, I'm swamped with work right now - I just launched a major social
media campaign yesterday and it's pretty much taking up the majority of
my professional and personal life right now (social media..no social
life!) so I apologize if my projects haven't moved any further past a
certain point.

And +1 to Maarten's suggestion about the developers concept. I'd still
like to see if we can go about creating a model for "Developers in
Residence" (like the Wikipedians in Residence concept).

-Sarah

On 9/26/12 11:13 PM, Sam Leon wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Here are the cleaned up notes
> <http://openglam.okfnpad.org/buildingtheculturalcommons> [1] from the
> Building the Cultural Commons meeting at OKFestival last Wednesday.
> The purpose of the day was to give people working in this field an
> opportunity to share their ideas and give them a platform for future
> collaboration and action.
>
> It's great to see that so much of what was discussed has been taken to
> the list. Here is a brief summary of action points that we agred would
> take to this list following the meeting:
>
>   * Create a task force for engaging contemporary artists in open
>     licensing -  Lead: Sarah Stierch - Sarah has set up a Pirate Pad
>     here <http://piratepad.net/ContemporaryArtCC> [2]
>   * Tumblr of key case studies for everyone to add to - Sarah Stierch
>     has already set this up here
>     <http://openglamcasestudy.tumblr.com/> [3]
>   * Maarten Briknerink to gather contributions and ideas of metrics to
>     measure success of open initiatives at cultural heritage
>     insitutions - pad for collecting ideas
>     <http://openglam.okfnpad.org/openheritagemetrics>[4]
>   * Build a group to continue work on the Open Metadata Handbook and
>     expand its technical sections aimed at assisting GLAMs in opening
>     up their metadata - Leads: Iain Emsley & Primavera De Filippi
>   * Standardised clause and flexible rights framework - Lead: Sam Leon
>   * Continue work on the French document of recommendations with a
>     view to making a generic EU document - Lead: Primavera De Filippi
>   * PSI task force - Lead: Javier Ruiz
>
> Thanks to everyone that attended the session, and I hope those who
> couldn't make it can get involved in the follow-up activity. Let's go!
>
> Best,
> Sam
>
> [1] http://openglam.okfnpad.org/buildingtheculturalcommons
> [2] http://piratepad.net/ContemporaryArtCC
> [3] http://openglamcasestudy.tumblr.com/
> [4] http://openglam.okfnpad.org/openheritagemetrics
>
> --
> Sam Leon
> Community Coordinator
> Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://okfn.org/
> Twitter: @noeL_maS
> Skype: samedleon

*Sarah Stierch*
*/Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow/*
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/><<