[OpenGLAM] Kiasma Museum in Helsinki holds first open knowledge event!

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:07:24 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

It came across my radar today that Kiasma Museum in Helsinki is holding
their first "open knowledge" event!

This is a Wikipedia edit-a-thon geared around the museums specialty:
contemporary art. They're partnering with Wikimedia Finland and will be
getting tours of the museum exhibitions and meetings with staff.

The event is a two day event, but I'm sure you can attend one day if
need be - Feb. 1 & 2.  Read the details here:
http://www.kiasma.fi/ohjelmisto/tapahtumat-ja-luennot/wikimaraton

We had the pleasure of meeting with staff from Kiasma during OKFest,
specifically the OpenGLAM public event and at lunch - and I like to
think the OKFest event was a catalyst for making this event happen. If I
can ever provide any input or advice on hosting similar events at your
institution, feel free to ping me off list.

-Sarah

--
*Sarah Stierch*
*/Museumist and open culture advocate/*