[OpenGLAM] Muse App

Joris Pekel joris.pekel at okfn.org
Fri Jan 18 14:00:47 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

as you may have seen, the Dutch Open Culture Data initiative awarded
innovative apps created with open cultural heritage data this week.

http://openglam.org/2013/01/17/open-culture-data/

For those of you who own an iPad, I can really recommend downloading the
winner app, called Muse (and do not accidentally download the 360 degrees
images from Muse, the band..)

The (free) Muse app allows you to combine pieces of artworks and remix them
in a new work. It is really fun to do. During the award ceremony, the
developers announced that they will continue working on the app so I guess
all feedback is very welcome. On my personal wishlist for example, would be
the option to find out more about the original painting of where the object
is taken from.

To get a better idea see: http://www.museapp.org/

All the best,

--