[OpenGLAM] Open access policy from US National Gallery of Art

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:38:01 UTC 2013

I don't see it (yet). I have few colleagues there in the digital/tech
department so I'm going to ping about this (and hopefully get a decent
blog post out of it).

This is great news, as NGA is known for being a bit slower and more of a
stickler about things like this (at least, based on my experience with
GLAM-Wiki projects and them). So, this is a pretty impressive step
(especially if you know the history of organizations like the National
Gallery in the UK and Wikimedia[1]).

-Sarah
[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Portrait_Gallery_and_Wikimedia_Foundation_copyright_dispute

On 1/15/13 11:28 AM, Tom Morris wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Not sure if this is news, but just saw this kicking around on Twitter:
>>
>> https://images.nga.gov/en/page/openaccess.html
>>
>> Looks alright, no?
> Cool.  Any idea if metadata is available?  A brief glance didn't seem
> to show any obvious way to get it other than scraping it.
>
> Tom

*Sarah Stierch*
*/Museumist and open culture advocate/*