[OpenGLAM] GLAM in other languages

Jean-Frédéric jeanfrederic.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:00:56 UTC 2013

Hi Corina,

I was just wondering if the GLAM acronym is widely used in other languages.
> I am working on some bilingual documents and not sure if I should use this
> term in French. Is there a French equivalent that anyone knows of?

As for France - I cannot speak for other French-speaking countries :)

As far as I know, the GLAM acronym is not used - or only used internally,
in the GlamWiki / OpenGlam communities.

I would suggest using << Institutions culturelles >> instead.

(Indeed, even when was published in France the << Rapport OpenGlam >>
("OpenGlam report"), commentators used << institutions culturelles >> :)

Hope that helps,

--
Jean-Frédéric
Wikimédia France