[OpenGLAM] help - outstanding cases in opening data/ reuse cases

Helene Hahn helene.hahn at okfn.org
Wed Jul 31 21:12:38 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

great that you ask!

I'm trying to make a list of case studies to show how difficult it might
get for cultural institutions to open up there data and/or reuse it. I
also want to sum up examples or cases that worked well (in Germany and
worldwide) and have a closer look at those that didn't and figure out why.

I've been doing research before to find some interesting cases, but they
are quiet
difficult to find (unless there are big institutions involved in the
opening process, so that online newspapers would write about).

As for the conference part: The conference "Zugang gestalten!" takes
place in Germany in September and is (among others) adressing exactly
this topic: how can cultural institutions open up there data, why is
this important, what problems need to be solved etc.

We, the Open Knowledge Foundation Germany, want to show some outstanding
cases concerning the three categories I've mentioned before (GLAM
institutions opening up there data, commercial and non-commercial re-use
cases, interesting cases of collaborations, crowdsourcing, enriching
metadata etc.) at the conference to show some best practice examples and
discuss them in the community and also to learn from them.

Because there are so many people involved in this topic, I thought it
might be great to ask our community to get advice :)

If you have some recommendations or other ideas on that topic, please
let me know.

Best wishes,
Helene

Helene Hahn
Projektassistenz

Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
Schlesische Str. 6
10997 Berlin
www.okfn.de | info at okfn.de | @okfde
+49 30 57703666 0 | Fax: +49 30 57703666 9

Wir setzen uns für offenes Wissen ein - helfen Sie uns dabei! http://www.okfn.de/spenden

Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
Kontonummer: 3009670
BLZ: 830 944 95
Verwendungszweck: Spende

Der Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V. ist als gemeinnütziger Verein durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin anerkannt. Spenden sind steuerlich absetzbar.