[OpenGLAM] OpenGLAM Advisory board

Joris Pekel joris.pekel at okfn.org
Tue Jun 25 08:45:37 UTC 2013

Dear all,

We’re very pleased to announce the first OpenGLAM Advisory
Board<http://openglam.org/advisory-board>
!

Made up of a distinguished and diverse cast of open culture advocates from
across the cultural heritage sector the Advisory Board will provide
guidance to the OpenGLAM Working Group and give feedback on key strategic
issues.

The current Advisory Board is 7 members strong and includes Dan Cohen, Jill
Cousins, Michael Edson, Paul Keller, Alexis Rossi, Merete Sanderhoff and
Kat Walsh.

Michael Edson, Director of Web and New Media Strategy at the Smithsonian
Institution <http://www.si.edu/>, who will serve on the Advisory Board said:

“GLAMs are essential to the wise conduct of democracy, and openness is
essential to the wise conduct of GLAMs. I am profoundly happy to be joining
my friends and colleagues on the OpenGLAM Advisory Board, and to work with
them on behalf of the open knowledge community.”

A full list of the Advisory Board members and their respective biographies
can be found in the blog post:
http://openglam.org/2013/06/24/announcing-the-openglam-advisory-board/

All the best,

Joris