[OpenGLAM] Guest-blog by Lori Phillips now up on OpenGLAM

Lori Phillips lori.byrd.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 18:07:32 UTC 2013

Thank you for the kind email, Joris—and the opportunity!

I'd love to chat about how open authority relates to everyone else's work
and current thinking, so please don't hesitate to reach out. I also like to
post examples of open authority on my blog [1] and I love to promote great
work, so please share!

Also, if you happen to be curious about my Curator journal article on the
subject, just let me know and I'm happy to share the file. It's somewhat
ironic that my paper on open authority is behind a pay wall, but it was
necessary to do in order to reach those who needed to be told about it : ).

Thanks again,
Lori

[1] http://hstryqt.tumblr.com/

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Joris Pekel <joris.pekel at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A heads up that we just posted a very nice guest-blogpost written by Lori
> Philips, who served as the 2012 US Cultural Partnerships Coordinator for
> the Wikimedia Foundation and is now Digital Content Coordinator at The
> Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
>
> She writes about Open Authority, a topic she has researched extensively
> and published about. What open authority is: The coming together of museum
> expertise with meaningful contributions from our communities, both online
> and on-site.
>
> Read more about cultural heritage experts collaborating with communities
> on the OpenGLAM blog:
> http://openglam.org/2013/06/11/forming-an-open-authority-in-cultural-heritage/
>
> And here is the Tweet:
> https://twitter.com/OpenGLAM/status/344444613685301248