[OpenGLAM] A Masterwork On Your Screen: Museums Digitize Collections

Edson, Michael EDSONM at si.edu
Tue Jun 25 18:26:02 UTC 2013

Dana Allen-Greil (on list? Cc'd) from the National Gallery of Art here in D.C. took notes. We both live tweeted.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17k94o1ohM753l7jkPa_Cm8zniSx4dbUJuYIl_6afKRU/edit#?Campaign=Twitter

The host tried hard to find some controversy, but the guests had none of it: we had a curator/scholar/museum director, a photography department head, and an art critic all agreeing that there's nothing but good in giving the public access to free, high-resolution, public domain resources. Several times the panelists connected free/high-res/public domain images to the implicit message/value of museums in society.