[OpenGLAM] Hack4ac event, London 6th July

Ross Mounce ross.mounce at okfn.org
Tue May 14 13:39:11 UTC 2013

Strapline, "Hacking academia better together"
There's an interesting hack event being held in London on Saturday 6th July
you might want to attend:

The goals of the event are:

   - Demonstrate the value of the CC-BY licence within academia. We are
   interested in supporting innovations around and on top of the literature.
   - Reach out to academics who are keen to learn or improve their
   programming skills to better their research. We’re especially interested in
   academics who have never coded before.

Do note the 2nd point. You don't need to be a coder :)

The event is being run by Jason (from PeerJ) and Ian (from eLife), with
sponsorship from: PLOS, eLife, Amazon Web Services, PeerJ & Skills Matter
(in no particular order). Registration for the event (£1) is here:
http://hack4ac.eventbrite.co.uk/

I've signed down already.

Best,

Ross