[OpenGLAM] Inquiry regarding open releases and licensing revenue

Edson, Michael EDSONM at si.edu
Thu Aug 28 17:38:18 UTC 2014

Hi all!
A colleague is looking for recent (< 12 months) news/case studies about institutions which have published open collections recently AND seen an increase in their licensing revenue (perhaps through custom services or by providing access to extra high resolution files).

I'm not thinking about Joris's excellent Rikjsmuseum study: the Rijks has renounced the quest for rights & reproductions income, stating that the income was minuscule in proportion to costs, and to the overall revenue/funding landscape at the museum.

Does anything come to mind? Perhaps I've missed something? (Always I've missed something ^..^)

- - Mike