[OpenGLAM] Creative reuse of Rijksmuseum for musical interpretation of art music video

Maarten Brinkerink mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl
Mon Nov 10 08:11:16 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I’m writing this because of a personal need of help from you.

I’ve done a last-minute submission to a song writing contest in the Netherlands, called Art Rocks: http://www.artrocks.nl/acts/maarten-remon/ <http://www.artrocks.nl/acts/maarten-remon/>

It’s a interpretation of a painting by René Magritte: http://www.artrocks.nl/kunstwerk/op-de-drempel-van-de-vrijheid/ <http://www.artrocks.nl/kunstwerk/op-de-drempel-van-de-vrijheid/>

It would be great if I can count on your votes, before 12:00 today! Click “stem op dit nummer”, enter your email and click “stem!” to submit. You’ll receive an email with a confirmation link.

The reason why this is semi-relevant to the list, is because I’ve been practicing what I preach (so to say). The video from the submission is released under a CC-BY license, and reuses public domain artworks from the Rijksmuseum collection that I’ve collected here: https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/nl/rijksstudio/173429--maarten-brinkerink/verzamelingen/art-rocks-2014

Many, many thanks!

Best,

Maarten