[OpenGLAM] Restyling the Open Collections area on the GLAM site

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Nov 11 15:50:03 UTC 2014

Thanks for the tools suggestions Erwin.

While I am totally with the idea that requirements should not be driven
by tools, unfortunately when there is no development budget we have to
be pragmatic! Taking a look at what there is available makes sense and a
plugin is a definite possibility.

I'm currently waiting for Omeka <http://omeka.org/> to be downloaded on
our server. It's an open source collections management tool that uses
Dublin Core. It was recommended by someone from the University of
Warwick - I think they are trying it out for some digital humanities
work. Once it is on the server I want to check how you can use and
extend the metadata, see if you can add tags and try embedding it in to
Wordpress. There is a sandbox available <http://omeka.org/sandbox/> but
I wanted to have a bit more of a play.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Marieke