[OpenGLAM] CC0 metadata from American art museums [was: Minneapolis Institute of Arts release metadata CC0]

Rob Lancefield on lists lists at lancefield.net
Mon Oct 20 18:44:40 UTC 2014

Hi Sarah and all,

I can guess why it passed by you: we never really announced it! It's
been in kind of a soft-launch mode until, well, today. This OpenGLAM
thread seemed like a good place to start spreading word more actively.

I should also mention that while our policies have been in place for a
while now, much of our implementation of DAC Collection Search and LIDO
metadata will remain in iterative public beta for some time; so if and
as anyone here tries them out and bumps into any issues, please do let
me know offlist (rlancefield[at]wesleyan.edu). I'm always grateful to
learn about things I need to add to my to-fix lists for both resources.

cheers,
Rob

Rob Lancefield
Manager of Museum Information Services / Registrar of Collections
Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University
301 High Street, Middletown CT 06459-0487 USA
rlancefield [at] wesleyan [dot] edu  |  tel. 860.685.2965