[OpenGLAM] Yellow Milkmaid Syndrome is back - as unimpressed as ever

Caroline Becker caroline.becker at wikimedia.fr
Fri May 29 08:23:19 UTC 2015

Hi :)

Even if I understand the goal with this kind of Tumblr, I really fear it
could turn quickly into a shaming tool against volunteers who try to take
pictures of artworks in museums or via scans in books. Yeah, the result can
be crappy (I know, I'm guilty of it myself), but this kind of work is
*really* hard and ungrateful and, sadly, sometimes still necessary.

I thus fear we might alienate the Commons community with this initiative :(

Caroline Becker
Membre de Wikimédia France