[OpenGLAM] Launch of the Europeana Challenge - fashion - €20.000 - deadline 31 October 2016

Nicole McNeilly nicole.mcneilly at europeana.eu
Thu Sep 29 11:40:45 UTC 2016

Dear all,

It’s our pleasure to write to announce the launch of the Europeana Challenge – fashion<http://labs.europeana.eu/incubation/challenges/second-challenge-2016-fashion>. We know that Europeana’s rich openly licensed fashion content (ranging from designs to cut outs to 19th century fashion journals) has the potential to engage and inspire creatives from the creative industries, cultural heritage, tech and fashion sectors and beyond. We’re pleased to be working in collaboration with Europeana Fashion<http://www.europeanafashion.eu/portal/home.html>, their network and providers to promote the reuse of Europeana’s content within the wider fashion and fashion heritage community.

From today until 31 October 2016 we offering a share of €20.000 for the best idea(s) from anywhere in the world that creatively re-use Europeana and Europeana Fashion’s openly licensed fashion content in a digital product, service or business. Winner(s) will also benefit from promotion and additional non-financial business development support to help realize their ideas. Proposals for digital products, apps or services (at any stage, from idea to prototype) need to show a clear digital project idea and demonstrate both the viability and sustainability of the proposed product.

The Challenge is hosted on Europeana Labs<http://labs.europeana.eu/>, our online collaborative platform that exists to help creatives make use of the data, technology and services available on Europeana. Take a look at the Challenge information<http://labs.europeana.eu/incubation/challenges/second-challenge-2016-fashion> and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there are any questions.

We hope this challenge will inspire you, your collaborators and your network. We therefore kindly ask you to share this news widely. You can connect with the challenge on Twitter<https://twitter.com/europeanalabs> using the hashtags #EuropeanaChallenge and #EuropeanaInspires.

With best wishes

Nicole

About the #EuropeanaChallenge
Europeana Labs has been developed as a collaborative platform where creatives can meet and access incubation support in order to fulfil their potential to invigorate our economy with innovative ideas and new businesses. The re-use team facilitate and promote the creative (re-)use of Europeana content. One of the ways we do this is by holding one or two themed challenges each year and by working in partnership to support innovative re-use ideas developed at hackdays and other events across Europe. Through our website we offer business development support for cultural heritage projects to entrepreneurs, creatives, educators, developers and those in the cultural heritage sector to encourage and further the re-use of Europeana’s openly licensed content. ArtFACES<http://www.artstories.it/en/apps/faces/>, a winning app from our challenge<http://labs.europeana.eu/blog/europeana-labs-challenge-2016-winners-announced> earlier this year, has already been inspiring children across the world.

We know that the mostly unexploited and often unseen content on our platform can help to fuel economic growth and broader cultural, social and educational impact. Find out more in our strategy<http://strategy2020.europeana.eu/>.

Nicole McNeilly
Business Development Coordinator

T:
M:
E: nicole.mcneilly at europeana.eu
Skype:

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: http://bit.ly/NetworkAssociation

 #AllezCulture!
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.