[OpenGLAM] 2 Phd studentships in Belgium

ellen van keer evankeer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:31:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

As we are preparing to launch a new research project, we are seeking seeking
to fill two full-time (100%) vacancies for Doctoral Grants in the area of
machine/deep learning, language technology, and/or computer vision for
enriching heritage collections. Two museums are involved: the Royal Museums
of Arts of Belgium and the Royal Museums of Art and History; both located
in Brussels. The general idea is to train AI algorithms on open data sets
from large museums (Rijksmuseum, MET...) and investigate how this can
produce useful results for smaller museums. If you are interested, please
have a look at the attached brief. And, of course, feel free to circulate
to others who may be interested.

Thanks everyone!

Ellen Van Keer

Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium