[OpenGLAM] Creative Commons Open GLAM platform

scann scannopolis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:24:40 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

As part of the new strategy of Creative Commons (which you can read about
here: https://creativecommons.org/2017/01/24/cc-community-
releases-movement-strategy-consultation/), CC is now opening the discussion
over "platforms", which are defined areas of work where people can join to
collaborate and work together.

This is an ongoing discussion and platforms are supposed to be approved by
next year, when the new governance structure takes place. I've been
conducting the discussion regarding the need (or not) of CC having an Open
GLAM platform, and some of you have been commenting on the document that
outlines the main ideas (the doc. is still open for comments):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19hFvtDFPZU-FHWmnXaLX5TP9eR7h_Iou-
6Cc4Wl6qAM/edit#

We have now opened a mailing list, in case you want to join us on the
discussion:

Please, feel free to comment on the document and share the mailing list
widely!

Thanks,
Evelin / Scann