[open-government] Introduction

Javier de la Cueva jdelacueva at derecho-internet.org
Thu Jul 29 10:34:02 UTC 2010

Prior to my next message in the list and after being a lurker for
sometime, I would like to introduce myself. Instead of speaking about
myself, I will copy some not updated short bio from Medialab-Prado
website [1].

«Javier de la Cueva (Madrid, 1962) is a practicing lawyer. He handled
the defence for Ladinamo (the first ruling ever to acknowledge Copyleft)
and Sharemula (which confirmed that websites offering links are not
infringing any laws). He created and continues to drive Procedimientos
Libres (Free legal proceedings), whose first legal proceeding was a
lawsuit against fees charged on digital media and which currently is
engaged in programming Proyecto Kelsen (a framework for managing legal
data under AGPL licence). He is also a professor in the Master’s degree
programme on Intellectual Property at EOI and a lecturer. A GNU/Linux
user since 1998, he has been a systems manager under that operating
system since 2003.»

I also participate since 2007 in the «Commons Lab, a stable nucleus for
reflection in the form of a seminar which will create a discourse and a
series of actions and activities related to that concept.» [2]

An update of my present projects and interests can be reached in the
video (in English) about "Law practice as a net practice" the
conclusions of "The Wealth of Networks" seminar with Yochai Benkler [3].

[1] http://medialab-prado.es/person/javier_de_la_cueva
[2] http://medialab-prado.es/article/jornada_sobre_el_procomun__
[3]
http://medialab-prado.es/article/conclusiones_del_seminario_the_wealth_of_networks