[open-government] [euopendata] Two recommendations on opening up European PSI

Antti Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 06:37:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

 > Value is not only about money! (from below)

I completely agree that the monetary value is not the only value. This
is good argument as long as the opening does not include significant
monetary costs.

Problem is that also the cost side of PSI is mostly unknown and
speculative. In some cases opening some dataset does not cost much, but
sometimes the opening requires some investments in the infrastructure
and sometimes it may cause losses of income for certain public
organizations.

How big are the investmets? How much money have been put to activities
related to data.gov.uk for example? Are there good examples of opening
something relatively cheaply?