[open-government] Introduction of new list member

Katleen Janssen Katleen.Janssen at law.kuleuven.be
Mon Jun 28 13:45:47 UTC 2010

(Apologies for cross-postings)

Dear all,

I just joined this list and the EU open data list, and I found the discussion and information exchange quite interesting!  Jonathan asked me to introduce myself and give some short info on my activities and interests with regard to open data, so here is a short overview:

I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT of the K.U.Leuven in Belgium, focusing on legal aspects of access to and use of public sector information. The largest part of my research has dealt with the PSI directive, the INSPIRE directive, the  Aarhus directive, the relationship between them and the concept of the public information task. Next to this, we are or have been involved in national and European projects dealing with IPR of public sector geographic data, access policies and licensing models for PSI, etc. I was  a member of the INSPIRE drafting team on data sharing, and am currently taking part in the LAPSI thematic network on legal aspects of PSI.

Over the last few years, many things have changed with regard to the re-use of PSI and the openness of public information, but there is still a long way to go.  So I am very happy to see that initiatives such as OKFN are trying to have an impact on the discussion, and I look forward to participating in the list activities!

Best regards,
Katleen

dr. Katleen Janssen
Postdoctoral researcher
K.U.Leuven - Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT
Sint-Michielsstraat 6
B-3000 LEUVEN - BELGIUM
[t]  +32 16 328 707   [f] : + 32 16 325 438
[e]  katleen.janssen at law.kuleuven.be<mailto:katleen.janssen at law.kuleuven.be>
[w]  www.law.kuleuven.ac.be/icri/<http://www.law.kuleuven.ac.be/icri/>   -   www.ibbt.be<http://www.ibbt.be>

"NEW! Postgraduate Studies in ICT & MediaLaw: please consult our website<http://www.law.kuleuven.be/icri/psiml.php> for more information!"