[open-government] Open Data Sheffield - Initial Gathering this Friday

Jag Gill jagusti at mundojumbo.net
Tue Nov 23 14:30:58 UTC 2010

Hi all ...

There's been a bit of quiet activity in the Sheffield area over the last few
weeks around the Open Data scene. At the monthly GIST Magazine gathering (3
Nov) Sheffield City Council released their first bit of open data to the
community with a pledge of sorts to work with the community to keep channels
open and data free flowing. The GIST Foundation is hosting this on a hastily
and crudely mustered site on the GIST Hub: http://opendata.thegisthub.net.

So anyway, I'm pleased to share with this group that we are having a first
gathering of the open data community in Sheffield. It's this Friday evening
(26 Nov 6pm-8pm) - a link to fuller details is below. Admittedly the last
Friday of the month is probably going to deter more than it encourages, so
we are taking feedback at the same link about when may be better for regular
meetups going forward. If you are interested in being involved but can't
make this at short notice, please do have your input anyway.

All are welcome to help us get this initiative going on the right footing.
We welcome experience from other communities, and look forward to
cross-community sharing of knowledge, experience and good practice.  If you
know of folks in the South Yorkshire (UK) region that may be interested,
please do pass on the news.

Link to event details: http://opendatasheffield1011-okfn.eventbrite.com/.

Thanks most kindly
Jag

*Jag Gill*
The GIST Foundation
web: http://thegisthub.net | @gistwire <http://twitter.com/gistwire>
twitter: @jagusti <http://twitter.com/jagusti>

The GIST Foundation :  grassroots | innovation | society | technology

We are a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England &
Wales: Company No 07137363.
Registered office: Enterprise Zone, Portobello, Sheffield, England, S1 4DP.