[open-government] International Open Data Hackathon twitter hashtag

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 12:07:46 UTC 2010

Hey all

In my experience short tags work best; but backed up by someone actively
watching for people asking what the tag means and/or regularly posting
something with a clear link that will help people unsure of what the tag is
about to find out more...

So - my vote would be for #odhd

Enough people will, of their own choice, use #odhd along with #opendata (and
#hackday) when space allows, to give the casual #opendata tag observer a way
into the #odhd tag - whilst not leading to an overwhelming of the #opendata
tag with things about a specific event/activity.

All the best

Tim

2010/11/1 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>

> Are there any other options? Shall we set up a Doodle poll and votet? ;-)
>
> 2010/11/1 Bruno Pedro <bpedro at tarpipe.com>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Some of us have been publicly discussing what's the most appropriate hash
>> tag to use on twitter for the International Open Data Hackathon that is
>> shaping up:
>> http://eaves.ca/2010/10/29/lets-do-an-international-open-data-hackathon/
>>
>> Some suggestions:
>>
>>    - @janl: #odhd (*O*pen *D*ata *H*ack *D*ay)
>>    - @jneves: #opendata2010
>>    - @bpedro: use both #opendata and #hackday together
>>
>> What do you think? Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> *Bruno Pedro*
>> *
>> *
>> * <http://tarpipe.com>*
>> Automated content sharing
>>
>> tarpipe.com/user/bpedro  |  www.linkedin.com/in/bpedro
>> This email is: [  ] public [ x ] ask first [  ] private

> Jonathan Gray
>
> Community Coordinator
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://blog.okfn.org