[open-government] Opendata hackathon update

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Fri Nov 12 07:02:37 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Just a concise update from my end.

1. French version of opendataday.org now live
Thanks to the translation work of Patrice Delorme I've been able to
upload a french version of the opendata day site. If there are others
who'd like to translate it into other languages, please let me know!

2. Wiki hits 40 cities
There are now 40 cities on the wiki and so far I've been able to tell
Vancouver, Oxford, Vienna, Bangalore, London (Ontario), Seattle,
Montevideo, Budapest, Warsaw, Philadelphia Ottawa, and Toronto have
formally booked space (which is always a serious organizational step).

3. I definitely want to ensure that
a) there are cross city demos... I think over time this could become one
of the most interesting parts of the dat
b) that people share projects they'd like to hack on. One promising area
is localizing applications developed elsewhere. For example, I'm
encouraging the hackathon group in Bangalore India to localize Michael
Mulley's Openparliament.ca application...

More updates to come and congratulations to all of us for how much has
been coordinated in such a short period of time.

cheers,
dave