[open-government] Economic benefits of open data

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Mon Nov 15 06:15:18 UTC 2010

Agreed - I'd like to see the source as well.

I know the Washington DC example is somewhat dubious. The quote comes
from the CIO who simple added up the estimated hours spent by developers
on the applications that were submitted to the contest. I think this
conflates output value with input value... probably a number of other
methodological challenges around this.

cheers,
dave