[open-government] Introduction from Data.gov

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 16:19:32 UTC 2010

Hello Sara

Would be really interested to help on this.

Right now in a two-day meeting in Oxford that's been exploring linked data
in development (under IKM Emergent's convening:
http://wiki.ikmemergent.net/index.php/Main_Page) - and question of
accessibility of UN data and other development data (as well as local
sources of development data) has been a big topic.

I'll try to make sure notes get circulate here and on the OKF Development
Data working group mailing list (http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/development)

A few agencies here who might be interested too - and there should be some
discussions on Thursday/Friday at the Open Data Camp in London around open
data / linked data and the Millenium Development Goals - which could well
have some future potential for 4th Dec hack-day activity. Brief notes at
http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/session-ideas

All the best

Tim

http://www.timdavies.org.uk