[open-government] What shall we do with OpenGovernmentData.org?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Oct 19 15:10:51 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we are going to relaunch
OpenGovernmentData.org.

We would like it to become a living resource (a directory, an
encyclopedia, ...) for structured information about open government
data around the world. E.g. collecting information about initiatives,
applications, competitions, catalogues, events and so forth.

We've started a document to collect ideas/requirements from a user
perspective (i.e. *not* the technology we should use to do this!)
here:

https://docs2.google.com/document/d/1cUsoCj6UbXdCoTpbQ8JFdAvCgqv8Yu_kbWjF-jZmgYQ/edit#

Daniel (in cc) is going to be working on this for the next few weeks,
and the idea is to have something ready to use a week or so before the
camp in November:

  http://opengovernmentdata.org/camp2010

We'd warmly welcome any ideas on things we should do with the site! ;-)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation